Super simple. Easy peasy. Delicious. Serves 2. Sometimes I make extra, knowing that this is sooooo scrumptious, I want it again for lunch the next day…. Go on, you know you want to!
What you need:
- generous glug of olive oil
- 150g Fusilli pasta
- 4 pork chipoloatas (I use Waitrose British pork & herb)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- handful of frozen peas (or petits pois)
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- grated Parmesan (to serve)
- handful of chopped fresh herbs flat-leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
- Cook to Fusilli in a pan of well salted water for 10-12 minutes, or until ‘al dente’.
- Slice the chipolatas into chunks and heat a glug of olive oil in a frying pan, fry the sausages over a medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the sliced shallots and garlic to the frying pan and toss together with the chunks of sausage.
- Add the peas to the pasta for the final 2 minutes of the pasta’s cooking time, and toss the sun-dried tomatoes through the sausage mixture to warm through.
- Drain the pasta and peas and then add to the sausage in the frying pan, ensuring all the pasta is coated.
- Season well with salt and pepper and stir through a handful of the parsley, grate over the Parmesan.
- Serve hot or cold, for lunch or dinner. Enjoy -x-