So, this is my main course for the Tabasco #FunWithFlavour challenge, a sirloin steak served with a spicy homemade chimichurri (using Tabasco Jalapeno), parmesan dusted chips and a courgette and pea side dish.
Here’s the recipe, it takes about 45 minutes and serves 2.
Sirloin Steak with Tabasco Jalapeno Chimichurri
What you need
For the Chimichurri:
- 2 shallots
- 3 large garlic cloves
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Half juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Green Tabasco
- Whole bunch fresh parsley
For the rest:
- 2 Sirloin steaks rested at room temperature and rubbed with olive oil, salt and pepper
- 1 courgette
- A few handfuls of frozen petit pois or garden peas
- 2 portions of frozen oven chips
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
What to do:
- First of all, preheat your oven cook the chips as per packet instructions. To make them taste a little nicer, I usually drizzle a little olive oil on them before cooking and season really well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Make the chimichurri by blitzing the parsley, oregano, garlic, shallots and chilli flakes in a food processor (or chop very finely by hand). Add the olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar and some seasoning, and pulse to combine everything to a sauce consistency.
- Using a Spiralizer or a peeler, slice the courgette into thin strips. Add to a microwave proof bowl with the frozen peas and top with boiling water. Microwave on full power for 3 minutes until cooked through. Drain and cover to keep warm until serving.
- For the steaks, heat a griddle pan and cook the steaks for 2-3 mins on each side or until done to your liking. Once cooked, rest for 5 minutes before serving in some tin foil to keep warm.
- Once the chips are done, remove from the oven and grate over the Parmesan cheese and a little more salt and pepper to taste. Serve everything on the table at once so you can dig-in and enjoy!