That title makes me sound like a bit of an alchie but sums up the post well it’s staying. As you know, I did 30 days off the juice earlier this month (read why here), so consider this a debrief post if you like.
Overall, I enjoyed it. The best thing? Honestly? No hangovers. Having a clear head, every day. Felt amazing and it’s something I’m gonna embrace more in the future.
But for now, here’s my very honest and frank actual 30 thoughts I had on my 30 days teetotal, zero-alcohol detox:
- why am I doing this
- am I actually crazy
- no I’m not I want to do this and I can do this and I will do this
- oh I can smell that red wine from here
- will my friends still like me if I don’t drink?
- what the fuck am I gonna do to entertainment myself?
- go on a date? this Saturday? yeah but, I’m not drinking… *yikes*
- wow I feel fresh today (8 am on a Sunday morning)
- sober dating is so UNDERRATED
- i wonder how many guys I’ve dated for too long cause I thought I liked them but actually I was just tipsy?
- too many to think about 😂
- yeah this no hangover thing is amazing omg I feel so good
- ok so no plans this weekend so just gonna stay in and not drink wow that sounds awful
- actually, watching Stranger Things 2 in the bath with a brew is pretty damn sweet
- oooh my trousers are loose have a lost a bit of weight
- oh wait, they’re joggers, they’re always loose
- I need a beer. I wonder what non-alcoholic beer is really like?
- do you sell 0% beer? Nope, ahh great ok then. I’ll have a lime soda.
- can I pay on card for this lime soda? No, it’s 90p and the minimum card spend is £5. Ahh ok then I’ll have two pints of lime soda and 7 packets of crisps
- wow my skin looks excellent
- I really don’t miss headaches
- my hydration level must be through the roof
- non-alcoholic beer is the best thing ever
- well not better than actual beer, but it’s up there
- family time needs wine
- oops, wine makes family time crazy
- actually, family time is fine without wine 😂😂😂
- a night out. without booze. it IS possible. and enjoyable
- wow, drunk people are annoying as hell, are well all like that?
- his head’s gonna hurt in the morning but I will be fresh as a daisy, yay❣️
So there you have it! Could you go 30 whole days without drinking alcohol? Or have you ever done it before? How did you find it?